The role holder will be responsible for marketing, customer service, public relations, operations, management and overall running of the branch. The role performs oversight functions to other core duties and staff within the assigned branch.
• Marketing strategy formulation and implementation for the region in line with overall company objectives
• Contribute to the development of operational policies for the achievement of corporate plans as stipulated in the Business Strategy
• Comply with and keep abreast of established policies, procedures, and applicable regulations in the branch operations for monitoring of business activities.
• Lead in maintaining and improving customer service by implementing Heritage’s customer experience standards to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Communicate management goals and objectives to staff through branch meetings.
• Ensure staff are well supervised, trained and developed to be technically competent to perform their duties.
• Ensure that the Performance Management process is embraced and continuously carried out for effective and efficient service to our customers with a view to achieve overall company business goals.
• Ensure branch profitability.
• Manage direct/individual clients’ sales, corporate and intermediary sales.
• Identify/ develop new business opportunities and intermediaries.
• Achieve branch revenue budget and growth targets.
• Management of renewals/ business retention
• Ensure recruitment, training, and licensing of intermediaries.
• Excellent customer service and complaints handling
• Manage credit control/ premium collection.
• Maintain the Branch cash book.
• Market research and intelligence
• Ensure accurate and competitive quotations are prepared and delivered promptly to prospective clients, brokers, and agents.
• General management and administration of the branch office
• Foster and maintain good corporate image through liaison with all competitors, intermediaries, and the general public.
• Establish and maintain a good relationship and high public relations with intermediaries and clients, including visitations.
• Maintain close liaison with other departments in the Company.
• Ensure safe custody of the Branch’s fixed assets by maintaining an asset register and appropriate insurances.
• Prepare timely, accurate, informative reports to management for decision making.
• Advise the Head, Retail Business and the Management on issues pertaining to the business. Attend all scheduled meetings to facilitate smooth operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in insurance, Marketing, or other business-related discipline
• Diploma in Insurance (ACII or AIIK)
• Member of CII or IIK
• 10 years’ experience in the insurance industry, 3 of which should be in branch management.
• Knowledge of intermediaries in the branch region and good business relationship with them.
Customer, market and competitor understanding.
Knowledge of insurance industry and concepts
Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
Knowledge of medical underwriting processes, procedures and concepts
Business management skills
Excellent analytical skills
Excellent organizational and stakeholder management skills
If you meet the above requirements, you are encouraged to forward your application and updated CV to [email protected] by 16th February,2024. Clearly state the job title on the subject heading.
Heritage is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes and in accordance with the privacy statement on our website https://www.heritageinsurance.co.ke/